How do I capture IFRAMEs under the same top level domain?
Given that the top level domain is
example.com and the IFRAMEs are hosted in subdomains of it, i.e.
// replace example.com with your top level domain document.domain = 'example.com';
This way, by having injected the Cubicast snippet only on the top-level window, the recorder will capture all of the IFRAMEs.
Even though I have enabled CANVAS capturing, the recorded CANVAS appears blank (aka the curious case of tainted canvas).
When drawing images from other hosts on the canvas, the canvas becomes tainted. As a result, exporting its image data is prohibited. There are 2 options for overcoming this:
- Host the images on your site.
- Try loading the images requesting cross-origin access. For more information see: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/CORS_enabled_image.
After inspecting the DOM I see a custom
sb-id attribute on all elements. What is this attribute used for?
This attribute is added while our script is recording the session and is used for identifying the elements in a web page. When the recorder is stopped a proper clean-up is performed.
What constitutes a billable API request?
At Cubicast are always trying to make sure our clients’ money is well spent, striving to keep billable API requests at a minimum level. Below you can see a list of the most common billable requests based on usage.
When recording sessions:
- Creating the recording.
- Adding a chunk to a recording.
- Adding an asset to a workspace. Assets include stylesheets and web fonts. The recorder is optimised in a way so that already added assets are not added twice. Therefore, expect the first recording to perform more billable API requests than the rest.
When viewing recorded sessions:
- Getting the recording info.
- Getting the recording chunks collection.
- Getting a single chunk of data. Since chunks are immutable it is safe to cache them on the browser side, which means less API requests when the same client views a recording multiple times. Additionally, chunks are requested on demand as the playback moves ahead.
When using the Cubicast app:
- Listing recordings.
- Updating recordings/workspaces.
- Annotating recordings.
- Adding/removing workspace team members.
- Adding/removing workspace integrations.